Check out these current career postings!
United States District Court, Western District of New York
Workers' Compensation Attorney
Habberfield Kaszycki LLP
Habberfield Kaszycki LLP is seeking a Workers' Compensation attorney in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany or NYC, handling all aspects of representing carriers and employers in NYS Workers' Compensation matters. Opportunity for limited work in Supreme Court as well. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years' experience, working knowledge of Workers' Compensation laws and procedures, the ability to handle large caseloads and juggle multiple priorities & deadlines, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment. No micromanaging here! Very competitive benefits package. Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Center for Elder Law & Justice
Join The Center for Elder Law & Justice (CELJ) and become part of an energetic team of advocates that provides a wide-range of legal services.
We are looking to fill an Attorney position to work in an exciting new role on our Office of Victim Services (OVS) grant. The ideal candidate will have legal services background with a strong compassion for public service work.
Must be assertive, compassionate, demonstrate good judgement, be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to communicate effectively and work efficiently.
We are a 48 person nonprofit law office with three offices located throughout Western New York. It is our mission to use the legal system to help our clients live independently and with dignity.
- Admitted to practice in NYS
- 1 – 5 years of practice experience
- Experience with elder abuse and financial exploitation, very helpful
- Legal services background, or knowledge of general civil legal work
- Strong professional, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment, with a high caseload
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately while exhibiting patience and diplomacy
- Potential travel, required
- May need to work evening hours, as needed
CELJ offers a competitive benefits and compensation package, including:
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Thirteen holidays a year, plus two half-day holidays
- Summer hours between Memorial Day and Labor Day
- Payment of license fees and association dues
- Encouragement of professional development
Send cover letter and resume to Rachel Haseley, HR Manager Rhaseley@elderjusticeny.org
No phone calls please.
CELJ is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Employer recruits without regard to sex, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and any such candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Junior Court Analyst
Mental Hygiene Legal Services
Webster Szanyi LLP
WEBSTER SZANYI LLP, located in Buffalo, New York, seeks applicants for a full-time litigation position. The position requires a minimum of 4 - 5 years of experience with prior admission to NYS Bar. Excellent academic record and strong writing skills required. Candidate must be capable of handling a variety of matters independently. Successful candidate will handle or be involved in all aspects of product liability and commercial litigation, from case inception through trial or other case resolution. Extremely competitive salary based on qualifications and experience with a generous benefits package, including medical, 401(k), and potential profit-sharing contributions. Please submit cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample to the attention of Eileen Marzo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ward & Kutzuba, PLLC
Busy rural general practice law firm seeks admitted attorney to work initially in an associate capacity, with a long-term goal of continuing the practice beyond the retirement of the current attorney. The practice focuses on residential and commercial real estate transactions, title examination and title insurance, estate planning, estate administration, elder law, business formation and administration, and municipal law. This is an opportunity for a rewarding, life long career in a rural setting. The appreciation of the benefits, limitations, and challenges of living and working in a small town is essential. Please send your resume with cover letter to Bob Kutzuba by email or mail at:
WARD & KUTZUBA, PLLC
P.O. Box 321
364 Main Street
Arcade, New York 14009
Hurwitz & Fine, P.C.
Hurwitz & Fine, P.C., seeks an attorney admitted to practice in New York to join our general litigation department in our Buffalo, New York office on a full time basis. Practice areas will include defense of a variety of personal injury and other tort claims, including auto, premises, products liability and municipal matters. Excellent writing, communication and analytical skills are required, along with at least 5 years of litigation experience. Position involves some travel.
Submit resume and writing sample to Hurwitz & Fine, P.C., Attn: Susan Ruhland, Director of Human Resources, 1300 Liberty Building, Buffalo, New York 14202 or fax to 716-332-7411 or email to Susanr@hurwitzfine.com
Hurwitz & Fine, P.C. is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or qualified applicants for employment based on: race, creed, color, national origin, gender/sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression and sexual orientation), age, disability, marital status, religion, predisposing genetic characteristic, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status or any other status prohibited by federal, state or local law. In addition, Hurwitz & Fine, P.C. will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Law Offices of Robert D. Berkun, LLC
The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
Chief Financial Officer/ Chief Administrative Officer
The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
Law Offices of Wayne C. Felle, P.C.
Wayne C. Felle, P.C., seeks a driven and hard working full time associate attorney. Must have a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in personal injury. Candidates must be capable of handling all aspects of case preparation, discovery and litigation. Very competitive salary and benefits based on experience. This is a full time position with competitive salary and benefits. Send resumes to: Briana Croce, Office Manager Law Offices of Wayne C. Felle, P.C. 6024 Main Street Williamsville, NY 14221 or email email@example.com
Workers Compensation Attorney
Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP
Buffalo NY based Law Firm, Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP, seeks an Attorney to join its Workers Compensation Department assisting injured workers with filing and litigating claims as well as negotiating settlements on behalf of the client. A minimum of 3 years of Workers Compensation experience preferred. Must possess excellent writing, drafting, organizational, communication and client service skills. We are a dynamic firm with a comprehensive client focus & a reputation for our commitment to excellence. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Send resume to: HR Manager; Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP; 42 Delaware Avenue, Suite 120; Buffalo, NY 14202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Multi-Line Casualty Adjuster II
Merchants Insurance Group
Merchants Insurance Group has an exciting and rewarding career opportunity for a Multi-Line Casualty Adjuster II to join our Claims Legal team in our Corporate Headquarters located in Buffalo, NY. The Multi-Line Casualty Adjuster is responsible for effectively handling Auto and General Liability claims, including collaboration and communication with attorneys to resolve litigated matters involving bodily injury or property damage. The Multi-Line Casualty Adjuster is responsible for the timely and quality investigation, evaluation and equitable settlement of all assigned claims. This position interacts extensively with internal colleagues as well as policyholders, agents, attorneys and a multitude of claim-related service providers. Merchants’ adjusters are responsible for providing a high level of customer service and technical excellence in resolving a wide variety of interesting claim scenarios. The ideal candidate will possess 3 plus years' experience handling Auto and General Liability claims, including litigated claims involving both bodily injury and property damage. Candidates will possess a 4 year degree or equivalent job experience. Candidates with JD and insurance defense experience looking for a new career path are encouraged to apply. Professional designations or working towards industry specific designations are a plus. Exceptional organization, communication and negotiation skills are required. Merchants offers a competitive salary, outstanding bonus potential, and attractive benefits package including health, dental, vision and 401(k) and a robust wellness program. Please visit our company website at: www.merchantsgroup.com to apply online. EOE
Hamberger & Weiss LLP
Hamberger & Weiss LLP has an immediate opening for a full time associate in its Rochester office. Health insurance, 401(k) and flexible vacation time are included in the benefits package. Admitted attorneys will be considered. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and transcript to Mr. Ronald Weiss at email@example.com.
Court Attorney Series- Surrogate's Court
Help Center in Erie County Surrogate's Court
Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP
Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP is seeking a committed Attorney to work in our growing Business & Corporate practice. Candidate must have at least five years of experience in business law & transactional matters. Submit resume with references and salary requirements to: HR Manager, Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP, 42 Delaware Ave, Suite 120, Buffalo, NY 14202 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Law Office of Stephanie Adams, PLLC
Motion for Summary Judgment (MSJ) Attorney
Gross Polowy, LLC
Gross Polowy, LLC, an established law firm in the real estate industry voted one of The Best Places to Work in WNY for 4 consecutive years, is looking for a full time Motion for Summary Judgment (MSJ) Attorney to join our Litigation team located in Williamsville, NY. The ideal candidate must be admitted to the New York State Bar and have 2-5 years litigation experience.
Some basic duties include:
- Review answers received in response to foreclosure summons and complaint.
- Determine the issues that need to be addressed in a summary judgment motion.
- Request additional documents and/or information needed to prepare and submit the summary judgment motion.
- Determine/request the appropriate fee for drafting and submitting the motion for summary judgment and timely submit the fee request to staff.
- Timely identify title issues and/or other concerns which require attention and immediately forward to appropriate department.
- Regularly follow-up with staff regarding document requests.
Employee benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Please send your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Fanizzi & Bar P.C.
Niagara Falls based personal injury law firm seeks an admitted attorney with 1-5 years of experience in the field of personal injury/civil litigation. Position offers an opportunity to grow with busy, expanding practice. Base salary commensurate with experience and position offers bonus opportunities. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial Equipment Finance Counsel
- Address day-to-day legal question, issues and negotiations on new and existing commercial equipment finance transactions, including reviewing and revising M&T’s standard forms and agreements for various specialty equipment forms;
- Provide legal support to CEF’s documentation team and answer day-to-day questions from the CEF documentation and business unit;
- Provide guidance and support for existing products, new product design, geographic expansion and growth initiatives, taking into account all applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Draft, maintain and review template agreements and forms for the CEF group, including marketing materials, research applicable laws and licensing statutes and advise the business unit.
- Advice on the development and interpretation of departmental policies; research and review existing law and make recommendations regarding new procedures and policies, as needed.
- Monitor legal and industry developments on relevant federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines relating to commercial equipment finance and leasing (e.g. tax code, UCC Article 9, UCC Article 2 and 2A, Fair Lending, FCRA, Anti-Tying Regulations, municipal finance laws, Federal Aviation Administration regulations, laws and regulations specially applicable to aircraft, motor vehicles, and other specialty lending equipment).
- Identify, evaluate and escalate legal and regulatory risks relating to commercial equipment finance and commercial credit;
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- At least four years previous experience as an attorney or other relevant experience.
- New York State or applicable state bar admission.
- Self-motivated professional with a proactive approach to work and challenges
- Superior analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate and relate effectively with internal and external constituencies at all levels (from senior management to lower level staff personnel), including: (i) internal clients representing business lines and support areas; (ii) external legal counsel representing the bank, borrower and third parties; (iii) regulatory officers; (iv) counterparts at peer institutions and other industry representatives; etc.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to influence through collaboration and leadership
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, take on new responsibilities, adapt and prioritize work in a deadline-intensive environment
- Ability to understand and integrate details of business/operational/systemic environment in applying legal and policy requirements
- Experience in identifying, evaluating and escalating legal and regulatory risk issues affecting financial institutions
Heritage of strength and stability
Exceptional and long-tenured employees
Focus on long-term client relationships
Burden, Hafner & Hansen, LLC
Burden, Hafner & Hansen, LLC is seeking a full-time associate attorney to join its civil defense litigation team. The candidate must be admitted to the New York State Bar and possess a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in insurance defense litigation. Experience in the areas of transportation law, labor law, product liability and premises liability are preferred. Candidates with other experience are encouraged to apply. Applicants should be ambitious, hardworking, have excellent research and writing skills and strong communication skills. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefit package includes, 401(k), medical insurance, dental insurance, cell phone reimbursement, CLE costs, membership dues, Health Care FSA for eligible medical expenses, and Dependent Care FSA for eligible child care expenses. Employees may enroll in the Parking and Transportation Expense Reimbursement Accounts, which allows them to pay for out-of-pocket work-related parking and transportation expenses with per-tax dollars. The billable hourly requirements are reasonable, and bonuses are available for exceeding the billable hourly requirements. The atmosphere is open and collaborative. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, writing sample and transcript to Donna L. Burden at email@example.com. All submissions will remain confidential. Burden, Hafner, & Hansen is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Stillwell Midgley PLLC
Stillwell Midgley PLLC is looking for an associate attorney to join our civil defense litigation team. The firm focuses on medical malpractice, long term care, and other general negligence defense; previous experience in these areas is not necessary, but at least one year of experience in civil litigation is greatly preferred. Our associate attorneys get courtroom and litigation experience right from the beginning, and we rely on them to help us manage all aspects of cases from the minute the case comes in the door. Those interested should email a resume to Liz Midgley at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on the firm can be found at www.stillwellmidgley.com
HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
The Legal Counsel will advise relationship managers and other important stakeholders regarding legal issues affecting credit facilities provided by the Commercial Banking (“CMB”) business line within HSBC Bank USA, N.A. (“HBUS”). CMB works with a wide range of customers, from small enterprises to mid-market companies and large multinationals. Among other services, CMB provides corporate clients with credit facilities, including working capital revolvers, term loans and acquisition financing solutions. This Legal Counsel role will be part of a small legal team that supports HBUS’s growing CMB business. Primary duties will include interfacing directly with relationship managers, colleagues in other jurisdictions and external counsel to review, negotiate and advise on a wide spectrum of credit facilities and lending transactions. The Legal Counsel should be knowledgeable in secured transactions and have experience handling corporate and/or financing deals. For more information and to apply please click here.
Real Estate Attorney
Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP
Attorney-Elder Abuse Unit
Center for Elder Law and Justice
The Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo
The Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo, Inc. seeks applicants for a Staff Attorney to work in its Civil Legal Services Unit. Initial responsibilities will focus primarily on Family Law matters. Experience in Matrimonial and Integrated Domestic Violence Court matters preferred. NYS Bar Admittance and proof of Good Standing are required. Competitive salary and benefits package. Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to The Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo, Inc. 290 Main Street, Suite 400, Buffalo, New York 14202 Attn: Human Resources or via e-mail to email@example.com by May 21, 2019. The Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo, Inc. values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Managing Attorney-Appeals and Post-Conviction Unit
The Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo
Senior Counsel, Compliance and Operations
CannonDesign has an opportunity for an experienced Attorney based in our Buffalo, NY office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, contractors and industry specialists.
The in-house position will be an integral part of our legal team and primarily focus on contract review and negotiation. Primarily responsibilities will include:
- Draft, review, analyze and negotiate contracts, leases and vendor agreements domestically and internationally.
- Develop and maintain contract templates.
- Resolve commercial disputes and conflicts.
- Serve as a point of contact for legal questions within the firm.
- Coordinate with outside counsel in litigation matters.
- Provide merger and acquisition support during negotiation, due diligence, contract drafting and integration.
- Advise on all aspects of the construction operations.
- Provide support for firm licensing and corporate matters.
- Advise on limits, coverage, applications and claims for all insurance policies.
- Advise on Labor Law/Employment Law issues.
- Advise on intellectual property matters.
Qualified candidates must have a Juris Doctorate and a minimum of four years of related experience. Previous experience drafting and negotiating contracts required. Construction experience is preferred. Exceptional writing, research, communication negotiation and organizational skills are essential. Must have the ability to work independently and exercise solid independent judgment in a fast-paced environment. To apply, upload your resume through our careers site at careers.cannondesign.com.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
Plaintiff's Trial Attorney
Cellino & Cellino LLP
Cellino & Cellino LLP is seeking a trial attorney with 5 to 10 years of experience to join our newly formed Plaintiff’s practice located in downtown Buffalo. The candidate must have at least 10 jury trials of experience. The trial experience can be on the side of either Plaintiff or Defendant. Please send resumes to Jeanna Cellino to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bargnesi Brit PLLC
Associate attorney position available with Bargnesi Britt PLLC, Buffalo, NY. Insurance defense litigation position in areas of medical malpractice and nursing home litigation. Competitive benefits and salary. Candidate must be admitted to practice in New York state. Send resume with cover letter and writing same in confidence to email@example.com.
Law Offices of Randy S. Margulis & Associates
Kaufman Borgeest & Ryan LLP
Defense firm seeking junior to mid-level associate for Buffalo, NY office to fill position in areas of medical malpractice and nursing home litigation. Strong writing and advocacy skills necessary. Competitive benefits and salary. Submit resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Journey's End Refugee Services
Workers' Compensation Attorney
Sawers and Sackel
Workers’ compensation law firm seeking associate attorney; no prior workers’ compensation experience necessary. Must be committed, hard-working, self-motivated, and have attention to detail. Attractive benefit package and competitive salary. Please send resumes to email@example.com
Schiller, Knapp, Lefkowitz & Hertzel, LLP
Schiller, Knapp, Lefkowitz & Hertzel, LLP is seeking applicants for a full-time position in the area of foreclosure. This associate attorney position is in our Amherst Office. Candidates must be admitted to practice in New York State. Prior experience in the field of foreclosure/title/real estate preferred but not required. Knowledge of the FDCPA and CFPB preferred. Candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to handle motion practice, primarily involving summary judgment, default applications, and service of process issues. Applicants should be dependable, organized, detail oriented, self-motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. Advanced verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic and demonstrated leadership skills are required. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hagelin Spencer LLC
Hagelin Spencer LLC is seeking an associate attorney with 0-3 years of experience for its Buffalo, New York office. The associate will work in all aspects of litigation including depositions, motions, legal research, court conferences, client meetings, and trials. The associate’s focus will be in civil litigation, with a concentration in insurance defense litigation. The ideal candidate will be licensed to practice law in New York and will have excellent writing and communication skills. Please forward a cover letter, resume, law school transcript, and writing sample in a PDF format to Matthew D. Pfalzer at email@example.com.
WNY Coalition Pooled Trust
Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP
Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP, a civil litigation firm with offices in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware, seeks an attorney with 2-5 years litigation experience to join the Business Litigation & Counseling Group in our Rochester, New York office.
Ward Greenberg specializes in the representation of businesses of all sizes, colleges & universities, hospitals & academic medical centers, and professional service firms. This includes service as national trial counsel for several Fortune 500 corporations. We are ranked by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® as a Metropolitan Tier 1 firm in 11 areas of practice. Our partners are members of the American College of Trial Lawyers, the American Board of Trial Advocates, and are recognized by Chambers USA. Our associates are regularly ranked as Rising Stars and Up & Coming attorneys.
Ward Greenberg associates receive real, meaningful experience early in their careers, including conducting depositions, arguing motions, and participating in hearings, arbitrations, and trials. We provide in-depth training and mentorship, as well as ample opportunities to observe and collaborate across a broad range of civil litigation. To learn more about Ward Greenberg’s Business Litigation & Counseling group, click here.
Associate compensation is composed of competitive salary, productivity-based bonuses, 401K matching, and profit sharing. Fringe benefits include bar admission/renewal fees, bar association fees, and paid parking. Relocation expenses also are compensated.
Candidates with excellent written and oral advocacy skills should submit a cover letter, resume, law school transcript, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Summary: SRUSA is seeking an attorney to join its legal team as Staff Counsel to primarily assist with the coordination of litigation and insurance matters. This individual will directly support the VP, General Counsel, by working with external and internal clients as well as other members of the legal team.
Reports to: VP, General Counsel
- Coordinate various forms of litigation, to include the initial opening and response to new matters and the preparation of subpoena and discovery responses.
- Assist in the management of outside counsel relationships and requests, including review of legal invoices.
- Provide in-depth analysis and application of various state/local statutes and regulations.
- May review and advise on various contract and related legal matters, as needed.
- Responsible for extensive document review and organization.
- Analyze and summarize complicated legal documents and prepare detailed reports and memoranda.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP General Counsel.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- J.D. and admission to the New York Bar.
- Must have 2-4 years of experience gained in law firm and/or in-house.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining strong relationships working across divisions and with external organizations.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-manage workload.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word & Excel software applications.
- Demonstrated good judgement and decision-making ability.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality in matters of significance.
Apply directly to https://sumitomorubber-usa.com/
Western District of New York, Rochester
Business Immigration Associate
Berardi Immigration Law
Full time, M-F, 9am-5pm
- Prepare immigration petitions and other legal documents for immigrant and nonimmigrant visas and green cards to include E-2, O-1, H-1B, EB-1, L-1, TN and others.
- Strategically counsel clients and potential clients on immigration legal matters.
- Prepare clients for upcoming immigration hearings to include naturalization and adjustment of status interviews.
- Provide legal advice to corporations regarding various visas and immigration matters.
- Remain current on immigration, regulations, and practices affecting immigration.
Berardi Immigration Law functions as a team. Our team consists of lawyers, paralegals, administrative assistants, a visa coordinator and CFO. We all work together on projects. The most important requirements for the position are a pleasant demeanor and strong writing skills.
This isn’t a job. It’s a career. A very unique one. Here’s why:
- No billable hours;
- Flexible work hours;
- Firm cell phone;
- Paid malpractice insurance;
- Paid membership to American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA);
- Paid professional conferences;
- Firm Flexible Savings Plan;
- Firm Student Loan or 529 plan contribution;
- Attorney incentive program—earn 20-25% of the legal fee;
- 401K, profit sharing and a pension program;
- Contribution to single plan health insurance; and
- Multiple firm outings and celebrations.
Please send your resume and writing sample to email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
The Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo
Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Use Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matter.
- Conduct necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and similar proceedings.
- Research the law applicable to cases or matters; drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and opinions as required. If requested, conduct settlement negotiations.
- Advise, communicate and confer with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meet with, and maintain good relations and communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required
- Remain current with developments in the law; understand medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
- Prepare and conduct training sessions for Legal, Claims or other departments as required.
- Provide daily direction and guidance to junior attorneys.
- Understand and creatively use technology; apply technology to the process of law to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Act as a team or group leader for an assigned group within the office.
- Interface with Home Office Legal department.
- Special license to practice before a particular board or federal court may be necessary.
- A minimum of 1 successful year experience as an attorney.
- A general knowledge of insurance law and specific understanding of the operations and requirements of insured clients, customers and the company.
- The ability to effectively communicate and persuade by written or spoken word is critical.
- Experience and ability appropriate to the level of cases or matters handled.
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage.
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts Tuition reimbursement.
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources.
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Credit Union membership.
- Employee and Dependent life insurance.
- Disability insurance.
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Personal Injury Attorney
William Mattar, P.C.
Company: William Mattar, P.C.
Position Available: Personal Injury Attorney
Location: Williamsville, NY
William Mattar, P.C. is a growing law firm whose focus is on motor vehicle accident injury cases. The firm's home office is located in Williamsville, NY servicing areas in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Utica, Watertown, and Binghamton. At William Mattar, P.C. our objective is to obtain the best possible results for our clients in the least amount of time. We aspire to do this through our commitment to high ethical standards, integrity, dedication and superior customer service. Our firm is committed to Helping People. We foster an enjoyable work environment though mutual respect and team work.
We are seeking Attorneys with different levels of experience to handle client cases from the initial client meeting through resolution. Must have an excellent understanding of the CPLR, No Fault Regulations, various auto and property insurance coverage, and endorsements. Candidate must be admitted to practice law in New York State and have a JD from an ABA accredited Law School.
William Mattar, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested in posting a job opportunity?
Job Posting Pricing
Law Firms - $75
Non-Profits and Government Entities - $60
All other entities - $125
To list a career opportunity, please email a brief job description to Alyssa Lauck at firstname.lastname@example.org. The job notice will be included in the e-newsletter the week it is received and will remain on our site for four weeks unless otherwise requested. Employers will be invoiced for the job posting and payment is due upon receipt. Job postings must be submitted no later than 12:00 noon on Friday to be included in that week's newsletter.