Check out these current career postings!
Fanizzi & Bar P.C.
Niagara Falls based personal injury law firm seeks an admitted attorney with 1-5 years of experience in the field of personal injury/civil litigation. Position offers an opportunity to grow with busy, expanding practice. Base salary commensurate with experience and position offers bonus opportunities. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial Equipment Finanace Counsel
- Address day-to-day legal question, issues and negotiations on new and existing commercial equipment finance transactions, including reviewing and revising M&T’s standard forms and agreements for various specialty equipment forms;
- Provide legal support to CEF’s documentation team and answer day-to-day questions from the CEF documentation and business unit;
- Provide guidance and support for existing products, new product design, geographic expansion and growth initiatives, taking into account all applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Draft, maintain and review template agreements and forms for the CEF group, including marketing materials, research applicable laws and licensing statutes and advise the business unit.
- Advice on the development and interpretation of departmental policies; research and review existing law and make recommendations regarding new procedures and policies, as needed.
- Monitor legal and industry developments on relevant federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines relating to commercial equipment finance and leasing (e.g. tax code, UCC Article 9, UCC Article 2 and 2A, Fair Lending, FCRA, Anti-Tying Regulations, municipal finance laws, Federal Aviation Administration regulations, laws and regulations specially applicable to aircraft, motor vehicles, and other specialty lending equipment).
- Identify, evaluate and escalate legal and regulatory risks relating to commercial equipment finance and commercial credit;
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- At least four years previous experience as an attorney or other relevant experience.
- New York State or applicable state bar admission.
- Self-motivated professional with a proactive approach to work and challenges
- Superior analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate and relate effectively with internal and external constituencies at all levels (from senior management to lower level staff personnel), including: (i) internal clients representing business lines and support areas; (ii) external legal counsel representing the bank, borrower and third parties; (iii) regulatory officers; (iv) counterparts at peer institutions and other industry representatives; etc.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to influence through collaboration and leadership
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, take on new responsibilities, adapt and prioritize work in a deadline-intensive environment
- Ability to understand and integrate details of business/operational/systemic environment in applying legal and policy requirements
- Experience in identifying, evaluating and escalating legal and regulatory risk issues affecting financial institutions
Heritage of strength and stability
Exceptional and long-tenured employees
Focus on long-term client relationships
Burden, Hafner & Hansen, LLC
Burden, Hafner & Hansen, LLC is seeking a full-time associate attorney to join its civil defense litigation team. The candidate must be admitted to the New York State Bar and possess a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in insurance defense litigation. Experience in the areas of transportation law, labor law, product liability and premises liability are preferred. Candidates with other experience are encouraged to apply. Applicants should be ambitious, hardworking, have excellent research and writing skills and strong communication skills. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefit package includes, 401(k), medical insurance, dental insurance, cell phone reimbursement, CLE costs, membership dues, Health Care FSA for eligible medical expenses, and Dependent Care FSA for eligible child care expenses. Employees may enroll in the Parking and Transportation Expense Reimbursement Accounts, which allows them to pay for out-of-pocket work-related parking and transportation expenses with per-tax dollars. The billable hourly requirements are reasonable, and bonuses are available for exceeding the billable hourly requirements. The atmosphere is open and collaborative. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, writing sample and transcript to Donna L. Burden at email@example.com. All submissions will remain confidential. Burden, Hafner, & Hansen is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Stillwell Midgley PLLC
Stillwell Midgley PLLC is looking for an associate attorney to join our civil defense litigation team. The firm focuses on medical malpractice, long term care, and other general negligence defense; previous experience in these areas is not necessary, but at least one year of experience in civil litigation is greatly preferred. Our associate attorneys get courtroom and litigation experience right from the beginning, and we rely on them to help us manage all aspects of cases from the minute the case comes in the door. Those interested should email a resume to Liz Midgley at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on the firm can be found at www.stillwellmidgley.com
HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
The Legal Counsel will advise relationship managers and other important stakeholders regarding legal issues affecting credit facilities provided by the Commercial Banking (“CMB”) business line within HSBC Bank USA, N.A. (“HBUS”). CMB works with a wide range of customers, from small enterprises to mid-market companies and large multinationals. Among other services, CMB provides corporate clients with credit facilities, including working capital revolvers, term loans and acquisition financing solutions. This Legal Counsel role will be part of a small legal team that supports HBUS’s growing CMB business. Primary duties will include interfacing directly with relationship managers, colleagues in other jurisdictions and external counsel to review, negotiate and advise on a wide spectrum of credit facilities and lending transactions. The Legal Counsel should be knowledgeable in secured transactions and have experience handling corporate and/or financing deals. For more information and to apply please click here.
Real Estate Attorney
Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP
Attorney-Elder Abuse Unit
Center for Elder Law and Justice
The Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo
The Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo, Inc. seeks applicants for a Staff Attorney to work in its Civil Legal Services Unit. Initial responsibilities will focus primarily on Family Law matters. Experience in Matrimonial and Integrated Domestic Violence Court matters preferred. NYS Bar Admittance and proof of Good Standing are required. Competitive salary and benefits package. Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to The Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo, Inc. 290 Main Street, Suite 400, Buffalo, New York 14202 Attn: Human Resources or via e-mail to email@example.com by May 21, 2019. The Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo, Inc. values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Managing Attorney-Appeals and Post-Conviction Unit
The Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo
Senior Counsel, Compliance and Operations
CannonDesign has an opportunity for an experienced Attorney based in our Buffalo, NY office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, contractors and industry specialists.
The in-house position will be an integral part of our legal team and primarily focus on contract review and negotiation. Primarily responsibilities will include:
- Draft, review, analyze and negotiate contracts, leases and vendor agreements domestically and internationally.
- Develop and maintain contract templates.
- Resolve commercial disputes and conflicts.
- Serve as a point of contact for legal questions within the firm.
- Coordinate with outside counsel in litigation matters.
- Provide merger and acquisition support during negotiation, due diligence, contract drafting and integration.
- Advise on all aspects of the construction operations.
- Provide support for firm licensing and corporate matters.
- Advise on limits, coverage, applications and claims for all insurance policies.
- Advise on Labor Law/Employment Law issues.
- Advise on intellectual property matters.
Qualified candidates must have a Juris Doctorate and a minimum of four years of related experience. Previous experience drafting and negotiating contracts required. Construction experience is preferred. Exceptional writing, research, communication negotiation and organizational skills are essential. Must have the ability to work independently and exercise solid independent judgment in a fast-paced environment. To apply, upload your resume through our careers site at careers.cannondesign.com.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
Plaintiff's Trial Attorney
Cellino & Cellino LLP
Cellino & Cellino LLP is seeking a trial attorney with 5 to 10 years of experience to join our newly formed Plaintiff’s practice located in downtown Buffalo. The candidate must have at least 10 jury trials of experience. The trial experience can be on the side of either Plaintiff or Defendant. Please send resumes to Jeanna Cellino to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bargnesi Brit PLLC
Associate attorney position available with Bargnesi Britt PLLC, Buffalo, NY. Insurance defense litigation position in areas of medical malpractice and nursing home litigation. Competitive benefits and salary. Candidate must be admitted to practice in New York state. Send resume with cover letter and writing same in confidence to email@example.com.
Workers' Compensation Attorney
Cole, Sorrentino, Hurley, Hewner & Gambino, PC
Seeking an attorney to represent injured workers in Workers Compensation cases. Competitive salary and benefits. Newly admitted attorneys, those with experience and those with Workers Compensation experience are encouraged to apply. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes received and reviewed in strictest confidence.
Law Offices of Randy S. Margulis & Associates
Kaufman Borgeest & Ryan LLP
Defense firm seeking junior to mid-level associate for Buffalo, NY office to fill position in areas of medical malpractice and nursing home litigation. Strong writing and advocacy skills necessary. Competitive benefits and salary. Submit resume and writing sample to email@example.com.
Journey's End Refugee Services
Workers' Compensation Attorney
Sawers and Sackel
Workers’ compensation law firm seeking associate attorney; no prior workers’ compensation experience necessary. Must be committed, hard-working, self-motivated, and have attention to detail. Attractive benefit package and competitive salary. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
McGuire Development, LLC
McGuire Development, LLC is looking to add another member to its Owner's Representation, Tenant Representation and Legal Team.
What is an Owner's Representative?
An Owner’s Representative is much more than a construction manager (CM). An OR assumes the lead role on the project and operates in the Owner’s best interest, lending our clients our unique expertise in obtaining successes in construction projects. As an OR, we work hand-in-hand with the project architect, answer critical questions from the Owner’s perspective, determine cost savings, and keep change orders to a minimum. McGuire has worked on projects for Pegula Sports & Entertainment, Labatt USA, Kids Escaping Drugs, and many more profit and non-profit projects.
What is Tenant Representation?
McGuire Development provides tenant representation services to our clients where we serve as their exclusive real estate broker of record to help them achieve their real estate goals. Ensuring our clients’ real estate needs are aligned with their company’s business plan and objectives is critical to the success of their business.
In addition, to Tenant and Owner Rep, the qualified candidate will join our existing legal team where we provide in house counsel to all existing departments. The candidate will be required to juggle both legal responsibilities and project management for third party construction projects.
- 0-2 years’ experience in the legal field, project management/ real estate/construction experience preferred.
- Manage risks and changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Please email Aleece Burgio, Senior Counsel at email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and transcript.
Schiller, Knapp, Lefkowitz & Hertzel, LLP
Schiller, Knapp, Lefkowitz & Hertzel, LLP is seeking applicants for a full-time position in the area of foreclosure. This associate attorney position is in our Amherst Office. Candidates must be admitted to practice in New York State. Prior experience in the field of foreclosure/title/real estate preferred but not required. Knowledge of the FDCPA and CFPB preferred. Candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to handle motion practice, primarily involving summary judgment, default applications, and service of process issues. Applicants should be dependable, organized, detail oriented, self-motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. Advanced verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic and demonstrated leadership skills are required. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hagelin Spencer LLC
Hagelin Spencer LLC is seeking an associate attorney with 0-3 years of experience for its Buffalo, New York office. The associate will work in all aspects of litigation including depositions, motions, legal research, court conferences, client meetings, and trials. The associate’s focus will be in civil litigation, with a concentration in insurance defense litigation. The ideal candidate will be licensed to practice law in New York and will have excellent writing and communication skills. Please forward a cover letter, resume, law school transcript, and writing sample in a PDF format to Matthew D. Pfalzer at email@example.com.
WNY Coalition Pooled Trust
Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP
Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP, a civil litigation firm with offices in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware, seeks an attorney with 2-5 years litigation experience to join the Business Litigation & Counseling Group in our Rochester, New York office.
Ward Greenberg specializes in the representation of businesses of all sizes, colleges & universities, hospitals & academic medical centers, and professional service firms. This includes service as national trial counsel for several Fortune 500 corporations. We are ranked by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® as a Metropolitan Tier 1 firm in 11 areas of practice. Our partners are members of the American College of Trial Lawyers, the American Board of Trial Advocates, and are recognized by Chambers USA. Our associates are regularly ranked as Rising Stars and Up & Coming attorneys.
Ward Greenberg associates receive real, meaningful experience early in their careers, including conducting depositions, arguing motions, and participating in hearings, arbitrations, and trials. We provide in-depth training and mentorship, as well as ample opportunities to observe and collaborate across a broad range of civil litigation. To learn more about Ward Greenberg’s Business Litigation & Counseling group, click here.
Associate compensation is composed of competitive salary, productivity-based bonuses, 401K matching, and profit sharing. Fringe benefits include bar admission/renewal fees, bar association fees, and paid parking. Relocation expenses also are compensated.
Candidates with excellent written and oral advocacy skills should submit a cover letter, resume, law school transcript, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Summary: SRUSA is seeking an attorney to join its legal team as Staff Counsel to primarily assist with the coordination of litigation and insurance matters. This individual will directly support the VP, General Counsel, by working with external and internal clients as well as other members of the legal team.
Reports to: VP, General Counsel
- Coordinate various forms of litigation, to include the initial opening and response to new matters and the preparation of subpoena and discovery responses.
- Assist in the management of outside counsel relationships and requests, including review of legal invoices.
- Provide in-depth analysis and application of various state/local statutes and regulations.
- May review and advise on various contract and related legal matters, as needed.
- Responsible for extensive document review and organization.
- Analyze and summarize complicated legal documents and prepare detailed reports and memoranda.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP General Counsel.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- J.D. and admission to the New York Bar.
- Must have 2-4 years of experience gained in law firm and/or in-house.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining strong relationships working across divisions and with external organizations.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-manage workload.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word & Excel software applications.
- Demonstrated good judgement and decision-making ability.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality in matters of significance.
Apply directly to https://sumitomorubber-usa.com/
Western District of New York, Rochester
Business Immigration Associate
Berardi Immigration Law
Full time, M-F, 9am-5pm
- Prepare immigration petitions and other legal documents for immigrant and nonimmigrant visas and green cards to include E-2, O-1, H-1B, EB-1, L-1, TN and others.
- Strategically counsel clients and potential clients on immigration legal matters.
- Prepare clients for upcoming immigration hearings to include naturalization and adjustment of status interviews.
- Provide legal advice to corporations regarding various visas and immigration matters.
- Remain current on immigration, regulations, and practices affecting immigration.
Berardi Immigration Law functions as a team. Our team consists of lawyers, paralegals, administrative assistants, a visa coordinator and CFO. We all work together on projects. The most important requirements for the position are a pleasant demeanor and strong writing skills.
This isn’t a job. It’s a career. A very unique one. Here’s why:
- No billable hours;
- Flexible work hours;
- Firm cell phone;
- Paid malpractice insurance;
- Paid membership to American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA);
- Paid professional conferences;
- Firm Flexible Savings Plan;
- Firm Student Loan or 529 plan contribution;
- Attorney incentive program—earn 20-25% of the legal fee;
- 401K, profit sharing and a pension program;
- Contribution to single plan health insurance; and
- Multiple firm outings and celebrations.
Please send your resume and writing sample to email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
The Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo
Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Use Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matter.
- Conduct necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and similar proceedings.
- Research the law applicable to cases or matters; drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and opinions as required. If requested, conduct settlement negotiations.
- Advise, communicate and confer with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meet with, and maintain good relations and communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required
- Remain current with developments in the law; understand medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
- Prepare and conduct training sessions for Legal, Claims or other departments as required.
- Provide daily direction and guidance to junior attorneys.
- Understand and creatively use technology; apply technology to the process of law to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Act as a team or group leader for an assigned group within the office.
- Interface with Home Office Legal department.
- Special license to practice before a particular board or federal court may be necessary.
- A minimum of 1 successful year experience as an attorney.
- A general knowledge of insurance law and specific understanding of the operations and requirements of insured clients, customers and the company.
- The ability to effectively communicate and persuade by written or spoken word is critical.
- Experience and ability appropriate to the level of cases or matters handled.
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage.
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts Tuition reimbursement.
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources.
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Credit Union membership.
- Employee and Dependent life insurance.
- Disability insurance.
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Personal Injury Attorney
William Mattar, P.C.
Company: William Mattar, P.C.
Position Available: Personal Injury Attorney
Location: Williamsville, NY
William Mattar, P.C. is a growing law firm whose focus is on motor vehicle accident injury cases. The firm's home office is located in Williamsville, NY servicing areas in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Utica, Watertown, and Binghamton. At William Mattar, P.C. our objective is to obtain the best possible results for our clients in the least amount of time. We aspire to do this through our commitment to high ethical standards, integrity, dedication and superior customer service. Our firm is committed to Helping People. We foster an enjoyable work environment though mutual respect and team work.
We are seeking Attorneys with different levels of experience to handle client cases from the initial client meeting through resolution. Must have an excellent understanding of the CPLR, No Fault Regulations, various auto and property insurance coverage, and endorsements. Candidate must be admitted to practice law in New York State and have a JD from an ABA accredited Law School.
William Mattar, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer